3 Stages of Development:
Provision (In Transition)
- Transitional Housing
Other aspects of the program:
- Mentors are dedicated to prison ministry
- Mentoring starts in the institution during weekly meetings
- Mentors are solid in their faith
- Mentors understand the inmates’ issues—past, present, future
- Mentoring program during all 3 phases until successful re-entry
- Area churches are the key to mentoring
- Character (authority, accountability, responsibility)
- Calling (discover and develop gifts, talents)
- Community (develop and establish relationships with churches and support for transition)
Jump Start is committed providing Christian assistance in the areas of preparation, provision, and placement. We work with individuals who are 2 years or less from their max out or parole date.
Preparation will start prior to release by the Department of Corrections with our qualified re-entry program called J.U.M.P. (Just Using Master’s Plan) S.T.A.R.T. (Staying True After Release Time).
Provision will include providing assistance with transitional housing, jobs, and mentoring program for 1 year after release (only for those who have graduated).
Placement will include assisting individuals in the process of buying their first homes after successful completion of 2 years of our inside/outside re-entry program.